If you’re getting bored inside, why not use the time to reorganize your home? We’ve found 14 organization hacks to deal with all that annoying stuff you never know how to deal with like loose power cords, messy drawers and tangled jewelry. Best thing about these hacks? Most of them will cost you less than $5!!
1. Use old toilet or paper towel rolls and a shoebox to store all of your unused cords
2. Use a magazine holder in the kitchen. Better yet, screw it into the inside of a cupboard to maximize space!
If you’re feeling especially frugal, you could also make magazine holders out of old cereal boxes.
3. Speaking of hanging things on the inside of cupboards, use plastic adhesive hooks to organize pot & pan lids.
You could also use a magazine rack!
4. And while we’re on the subject of plastic adhesive hooks, you can also use them to organize your jewellery, headbands or ties on the side of dresser drawers or a wall.
5. Add a magnetic strip to the inside of your bathroom cupboard and never lose a bobby pin again!
It’s also a neat way to store grooming tools like tweezers, scissors and nail clippers.
6. Turn a PVC pipe into a holder for your curling irons, hair straighteners and blow dryers.
7. Hang a shoe holder on the back of a door to store cleaning supplies, school/craft supplies, small boxes/packets of food – pretty much anything!
8. Use rain gutters to display your books or magazines
9. Use a wire shelf to keep your wrapping paper organized
10. Turn an old hanger into a belt rack or jewelry organizer with screw-in hooks
You could also use shower curtain rings which will also fit scarves and ties!
11. Add velcro to appliances with cords for cleaner storage
This is genius!
12. Store sheets inside the matching pillowcase
And forget about digging for all the right pieces!
13. Add velcro to your remote controls and coffee table and never lose a remote again!
14. Use dividers to keep the top shelf of your closet organized
You can find tons on Amazon for less than $20.