Making my way through life at 5 feet tall isn’t always easy – there’s a whole world up there that fellow short girls and I don’t even know about! Being short means heels are always a must, you’re always getting squished into the middle seat (sometimes even asked to sit in the trunk), and…
1. Normal length pants are always too long
You either have to scrunch them, cuff them or pay extra to have them hemmed
2. And cropped pants are always normal length pants
Which isn’t all that bad… if you’re not looking for cropped pants
3. Having a conversation with 2 tall people in a kind of crowded place?
You may as well be talking to a wall ’cause you can’t hear a single thing!
4. When you’re taking transit, you pray for a seat or a free pole
Because you cannot reach these comfortably
5. The top shelves of all your cupboards are a total mystery to you
Because you can only reach up there with the help of a counter, chair, friend or significant other. You try to avoid at all costs.
6. You wish you had a support system like this at the grocery store…
7. Because people always give you weird looks when you do this…
“Ma’am… can you not?”
8. Concerts are more like listening parties
Because the tallest person always manages to stand in front of you
9. And you’ve totally tried to watch a concert through the phones in the air in front of you
10. Trying to fit your shoes and a tall person in a square Instagram photo is hard
First world problem, but it’s still a short girl’s problem!
11. Trying to keep up while walking with a tall person is like running a marathon
But you’ve totally mastered the slow jog
12. You’re always in someone’s armpit
On the bus, in a hug, you name it.
13. Sun visors are useless to you
Because you’re too short for them to block the sun