Wedding Dress shoppers should be heading to Toronto’s East end
I remember when I was dress shopping with a friend for her wedding. We literally zig zagged across the city to some of the better known boutiques before she ended up on the Danforth at sister bridal shops, one of which is now closed.
When it comes to Toronto bridal shopping there are a few neighbourhoods that seem to specialize in weddings. Yorkville is great if you have a big budget, Orfus Road if you have a miniscule one, but what about all of us that are somewhere in between?
I think you should head east of the DVP and here is why. There are 5 wedding dress boutiques in Leslieville and Riverdale that offer a wide range of styles. And that isn’t even including some of the independent dress boutiques that make custom dresses for bridal parties.
- Lea Ann Belter – if you have only taken a peek at one bridal magazine, chances are you are familiar with Lea Ann Belter Bridal. I remember thinking WOW these dresses are designed in TORONTO?! This boutique has recently moved from Queen Street East to Dundas and Broadview.
- Becker’s Bridal – the oldest wedding dress boutique in the city and they have dresses for a range of budgets. There is also a gorgeous in house line by Barbara Allin.
- Vogue Sposa – I have walked by this boutique many times, and there is always something gorgeous in the window. Their gowns tend to be more elaborate than those at Becker’s and they are right across Danforth Avenue.
- Nspired Events – a very new all in one boutique that offers everything from event planning and photography to wedding and tuxedo sales and rentals. At the eastern edge of Leslieville on Queen Street East.
- Sash & Bustle – this is THE store that I wish I had of shopped at when I was looking for my wedding dress. They carry brands that others in the city don’t and have wonderfully quirky elements that I fall for; look for Stephanie James Couture and Canadian Catherine Langlois.
If you want to dedicate less time to your wedding dress search in Toronto, and you are looking for affordable luxury, start your search in Leslieville and Riverdale.
Image Source: Rabbat Photography