Beauty Review: Burt’s Bees Lip Crayons
Right before winter began, I was introduced to Burt’s Bees Lip Crayons. This excited me because 1. They are 100% natural and made of Shea Butter, Kendi Oil and Jojoba Oil, 2. The key ingredients actually moisturize and hydrate your lips meaning, these crayons on the perfect solution to cracked winter lips while adding a pop of colour to your beauty look! The crayons come in 6 different shades: Carolina Coast, Hawaiian Smolder, Redwood Forest, Niagara Overlook, Napa Vineyard (pictured on myself below) and Sedona Sands. Here’s what I thought about them:
- The crayon pointed tip makes for easy application – you’ll never miss the edges of your lip and you won’t go over!
- The crayons only cost $9.99 each and can be picked up online or wherever they sell Burt’s Bees (Walmart & Shoppers Drug Mart)
- These won’t dry out your lips. Instead, they’ll hydrate them and keep them feeling soft
- They don’t taste gross or smell weird
- They last about 4 hours without any reapplication (I ate dinner with Napa Vineyard on and the colour was still vibrant afterwards!)
- I noticed that some of the the lighter colours (Sedona Sands and Niagara Overlook) did not stand out on my lip – they looked more like my natural lip colour and like I wasn’t wearing lip colour at all (which isn’t going to be a con for everyone!)
- It wasn’t a one-swipe application, I ran the crayons over my lips up to 4 times to get the desired coverage
Overall, I had a good experience with Burt’s Bees Lip Crayons. I’d suggest them to anyone who is looking for a matte lip colour that keeps your lips hydrated or anyone that is looking for an everyday look with a pop of colour that’s not too bold.