You may have already heard but the Pantone colour of 2014 is Radiant Orchid. I for one am really excited about this colour as it reminds me of warmth and tropical places (something we’re all probably dreaming of at this time of year). It’s definitely more wearable in my opinion than last year’s colour (Emerald Green).
So what does this announcement mean? Well you can be sure you’ll be seeing it pop up in interior décor and design as well as on the runway but what about beauty? This can be a bold colour for some that are shy of colour but if you stay with variations of this colour (anything with pink, purple or fuchsia undertones) you’re sure to be on trend!
- Add a flush of colour to your cheeks or a stain to your lips with Benefit Cosmetics Lollitint.
- Pretty opaque nails will be perfect for spring. Try ARTDECOR Nail Lacquer in Magnolia Blossom.
- Purple on the eyes is flattering for any eye colour. The new Almay shadow softie in Lilac provides a sheer wash of colour that is very wearable.
- If you’re scared of colour on the eyes go for a lighter shade of purple. Try the portable eye designer with Elegant Purple refill by ARTDECO.
- Revlon’s nail enamel in Girly will definitely add some sparkle and confetti to your look.
- If you’re into nail art try Nail Art Expressionist also by Revlon in Pastel Punk – the complimentary grey tone will modernize your look instantly.
- A light purple colour on the lips like this one from ARTDECO #87 makes for a very pretty pout.
- If you’re really comfortable with colour try a bold lip with Revlon’s new Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless. This one is my personal favourite!
- If you’re not that bold, you can’t go wrong with glossy pink hued lips. Check out Revlon’s Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish Devotion.
Whatever your preference, Radiant Orchid is a great colour to experiment with. It will lift your spirits and brighten your mood so don’t be afraid to play!