Try at Home: 10 Hearty Crock Pot Recipes
It’s February, and it’s still so damn cold. The only way we’ve been able to keep our souls warm is by eating delicious slow – cooked meals. Here’s a list of 10 Awesome Crock Pot Meals.
1) Crock Pot Lentil Vegetable Soup
• 2 cups dried lentils, rinsed and looked over
• 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each)
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 2 stalks celery, chopped
• 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
• 1 cup chopped carrot
• 1 can chilies (4 ounce size)
• 5 cups chicken broth (or replace with vegetable stock)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-5 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until lentils are tender.
2) Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
• 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
• 2 cups baby carrots (almost 1 pound)
• 1 small onion, chopped
• ¾ teaspoon curry powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• ¾ cup cream
- Put everything except cream and maple syrup in bag to freeze.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Puree soup in a blender a few cups at a time or use an immersion blender. Stir in maple syrup and cream.
3) Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes
1 1/2 lbs pork chops, boneless (about 4-6 chops, thick sliced)
6-8 medium potatoes, chopped into large pieces
2 (10.75 oz each) cans cream of chicken soup
2 (1 oz each) packages dry Ranch dressing mix
1 cup milk
Dried parsley to sprinkle on top (optional)
In a bowl, mix together the soups, milk, and ranch dressing mixes and pour into a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Combine all other ingredients together and zip closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours.
Use the extra sauce in the slow cooker as a gravy for the potatoes and the pork chops. Sprinkle with dried parsley if you want.
4) Spicy Buffalo Ranch Chicken
3 pounds chicken (We use Zaycon Chicken and love it)
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch mix (dry mix)
1 12oz bottle Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce – Hot Buffalo
3 T. butter
You could easily use a milder form of Franks Red Hot if you do not want it super spicy.
Place chicken in the Crock-Pot
pour Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce over the chicken, Sprinkle the Hidden Valley Ranch mix over the top.
Cook on medium for 6 hours
Shred the chicken and enjoy
5) Chicken & Spinach – prep/no cook, freeze
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar Classico Pasta Sauce (or any marinara– 3 cheese, mushroom, etc.)
Onions, bellpeppers, etc.
Cajun seasoning to taste
Sliced zucchini & squash (the yellow ones that look like cucumbers) (optional)
mushrooms sliced (fresh or can)
Bag or container of fresh spinach, or can use frozen
Pasta of your choice (bow-tie, spaghetti, etc.)
Dumped everything in two bags— freeze
EDIT: The pasta in this recipe is actually just a serving suggestion, as in serving the sauce/meal over pasta, it doesn’t actually go in the bag or the crock pot, you would just cook it separately if you choose to use it. Sorry for the confusion!
6) Lemon Garlic Chicken – prep/no cooking, freeze
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 lb. in each bag)
2 T. butter (1 tbsp. in each bag)
1/4 c. water
3 T. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (I didn’t have fresh parsley, so I just used dried and it worked perfectly)
1 package cream cheese (you can use 1/3 less fat or fat free)
Again— dumped everything into two gallon bags and into the freezer– I think it will workout just fine