Father’s day is just around the corner (June 15th for those who have forgotten!) and if you’re panicking about picking up a last minute gift, fret not! We came up with some amazing gift ideas for every dad here and our contributor Toronto Beauty Reviews came up with some wonderful beauty picks for dad, which you can find here. If you’re not satisfied with any of those picks, we’ve got some more suggestions and a list of stores that have special discounts just for dad.
Check out our 5 stores to shop for Father’s Day Gifts below:
1. Gerhard Supply
If your dad is an all Canadian type of guy that also happens to be a sharp dresser, then you’ve gotta check out Gerhard Supply. This Junction based menswear store specializes in Canadian made and manufactured goods such as Muttonhead, Philip Sparks, Outclass Attire, and Province Apothecary. From now until June 20th, they’re hosting a private sale event where you can get 25% off your entire invoice total by using the promo code “privatesale” online or mentioning this private sale Instagram post.
2. Stella Artois Gifting Shoppe
Stella Artois and Gotstyle have recently teamed up to bring Toronto the Stella Artois Gifting Shoppe which is, you guessed it, perfect for gifts! The shoppe features Stella Artois products plus classic timepieces, leather goods, men’s grooming items, and much more. Plan ahead of time and you can schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of their gifting experts to find the perfect thing for dad and if you spend more than $50, you’ll get a personalized chalice – so fancy! They’re open until June 15. Get more information here. (Image source)
3. Fred Perry
Fred Perry’s flagship shop at 964 Queen Street West is hosting a special promotion where if you buy 2 polos, you get one for free! What dad doesn’t love a good heritage brand and polo?! (Image source)
4. West Elm
For the dad that’s not super into clothes or just has too much, we suggest checking out West Elm! They’ve got a huge variety of kitchen and homewares that are sure to delight any grill master, traveller, host, or handyman. Our picks include these Stanley Thermoses (on sale for $23-$25) or this Schmidt Brothers BBQ Tool set (pictured above and on sale for $55).
5. Bass Pro Shops
This may seem like a no brainer, but Bass Pro Shops is every outdoorsman and active man’s playground. They’ve got a whole bunch of online sales at the moment and specials in store on fishing, hunting, camping, and other outdoor gear. Our picks include this 5 person tent for the father who loves camping (on sale for $169.67), fishing rods that start as low as $29.95, and this 36-Quart All-in-One Fryer kit (pictured here and on sale for $149.97)
If your dad appreciates experiences more than he appreciates hard goods then there are a number of events, restaurants, and fun things in the city to enjoy together!
- To celebrate Father’s Day, Yogurtys Froyo has released a special flavour – Maple Bacon! Head to any Yogurtys location in Toronto with your dad this Sunday and get one free cup of froyo for the most important guy in your life! Get full details here.
- If your dad is a foodie, then you should totally take him to the only live fire cooking Japanese restaurant in Toronto, Shibui Robata Bar. The restaurant opened earlier this year, but the SD team was there for their official launch party and trust us – it is delicious.
- Because even dads like to laugh, why not take him to a comedy show? There are tons of events happening around Toronto and if you’re willing to wait, Russell Peters is coming to Toronto in October (tickets go on sale to the general public on June 16th 2014)
- Sports guy? Take him to a Blue Jays game!