CONTEST: Win 1 of 2 Oakley Sunglasses For World Sight Day
October 9th is World Sight Day – a day dedicated to raising global awareness on visual impairment and blindness. Throughout the spring and summer, sunglasses are apart of our everyday apparel. We wear them as a fashion statement – sometimes without realizing how much they are actually protecting us from harmful elements. When autumn and winter approach many of us are drop our shades, but there are some things you need to keep in mind:
- White noise — a constant sea of white that surrounds us in the winter due to the snow — is harmful on our eyes, even more so than summer rays because of the constant glare.
- The sun’s rays are just as strong in fall and winter as they are in summer, regardless of the heat.
- It’s important to protect our eyes from harmful UV rays all year round, so wearing sunglasses with quality lenses will help eliminate glare year round.
Oakley Canada has been a leader in sunglass and performance eyewear for 30 years. They’re also a huge supporter of World Sight Day, which is why we’ve teamed up with them to remind our readers how important it is to take care of your eyes and vision! We’re giving away TWO pairs of sunglasses to TWO lucky winners in order to spread awareness about World Sight Day.
The first pair we’re giving away is from Oakley’s latest collection. The Silver F (above) are super thin, light and stronger than acetate. Folding stems with piston spring loaded hinges allow the shades to be folded up to fit in your pocket without compromising the optics and UV protection of glasses. (Retail value: $265.00)
The second pair we’re giving away is are Oakley’s Ringer sunglasses (above). Made of acetate with UV protection, these sunglasses are retro and vintage inspired with an inner black, grey & white mosaic design. (Retail value: $170.00)
To enter the Oakley Sunglasses for World Sight Day Contest:
- Comment in the comment section below and…
- Tell us why you need a new pair of sunglasses
- Tell us which pair you’d like to win (Silver F or Ringer)
The winners must live in Canada (ex. Quebec) and will be announced via the blog, Facebook & Twitter on Friday October 17, 2014.