14 Times Urban Outfitters Failed
2. That time they tried to make depression cool.
Mental illness is not a fashion statement.
3. When they ripped off an independent artist’s jewelry design.
Some may argue this is coincidence, but the artist claims Urban Outfitter ripped off her design, lowered the prices and even stole some of the artist’s item description copy. Read the full story here.
4. When they released this “vintage” blood-stained Kent State University sweater.
5. When their chief administrative officer claimed they were the “World’s Largest Vinyl Retailer,” but they weren’t
Amazon actually holds the title and has sold 4% more vinyls. Read the full story here.
6. When they tried to sell this pro-anorexia shirt
A horrible message to send to the impressionable teens that shop at the retailer.
7. When they held a contest to win a signed photo of the rapper, Tyler the Creator, and he responded with this…
See the uncensored tweet here.
8. When they turned a blind eye to the sexual harassment of an employee.
They refused to call the cops with a man was caught video-taping up employee skirts and another man aggressively grabbed at an employees chest. Read the full story here.
9. When they tried to capitalize on Hindu Deities.
“Lord Ganesh was highly revered in Hinduism and was meant to be worshipped in temples and home shrines and not be wrapped around one’s feet.” Read the full story here.
10. When they had a really, really bad sale.
That’s not how sales work, Urban Outfitters.
11. The time they thought this Star of David t-shirt was okay
12. When they tried to sell Cherokee, a label available at Target & previously Zellers, in their Urban Renewal section
It’s probably cheaper at Target.
13. When they tried to profit off Hurricane Sandy in 2012
14. When they screwed up the packaging of this persons order.
The receiver had 2 out of 8 items he purchase delivered and damaged their items. See the full story here.