10 Amazing Things You Can Do In Toronto For Under $10
Looking for something fun and cheap to do in Toronto? I know it seems almost impossible not to spend money these days. That’s why we’ve rounded up some different but exciting activities for you to check out. The best part is, it won’t cost you more than $10 – I swear (that’s not including TTC, of course)!
1. Discover The Unique Urban Oasis Of Cloud Gardens
Step into a tropical-like cloud forest nestled between the office towers of Toronto’s busy downtown core. It’s completely free.
2. Take a Leisurely Bike Ride on The Toronto Islands
Grab your bike and take the ferry across to Centre Island for a beautiful and secluded ride with stunning views. There is also a bike rental service once you arrive.
3. Battle It Out Board Game Style At Snakes & Lattes
Grab a coffee or beer and spend the day here – AND it’s only $5 to play any board game you can possibly imagine!
4. Grab A Snack At The Historic St Lawrence Market
Bring your appetite and find the best variety of fresh food at this incredible market. Some noteworthy spots are Carousel Bakery, Buster’s Sea Cove, St. Urbain Bagel, Churrasco of St. Clair and so many others. Prices vary but you can easily spend under $10.
5. Take a Free Walking Tour Around The City
You can learn all about history, graffiti, ghosts, death, disease, and destruction in Toronto for free! Make sure to leave a tip for the wonderful guides (the average tip is around $10).
6. Wander Around The Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library
DID YOU KNOW: The Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library is the largest repository of publicly accessible rare books and manuscripts in Canada? It’s also free!
7. Get An Insta-Worthy Pic In Graffiti Alley
There’s about a kilometer’s worth of wall space of varying graffiti on Queen Street West.
8. Peruse Through Vintage Clothing In Kensington Market
9. Take It Back To The 90’s At Tilt Arcade Bar
Entry to Tilt Arcade Bar is ONLY $5 per person which allows access to over 50 classic arcade and pinball machines. Monday’s they offer a 2 for 1 entry, “Toonie Tuesday” entry is only $2! Not bad.
10. Test Your Trivia Knowledge At The Drake Hotel
Spice up your Wednesday evenings at The Drake Hotel where you can participate in Trivia Night. It’s only $2 to participate – the winning table gets a $50 Drake Gift Card and the runner-up gets $30. You can leave with more money than you even came with! Find out all the rules on the official Facebook page.