It’s that time of year again when various organizations round up the best, worst or most interesting events of 2017. We all love a good end-of-year list and this year The Fashion Law joins in with their own list. For 2017 the notable website that dives into fashion’s legal issues rounded up fashion’s most notable lawsuits and legal blunders of the year.
Check out the list below and read about each case on The Fashion Law’s site.
1. Supreme Court Denies Louis Vuitton’s Appeal Over “Parody” Tote Bags.
2. Carolina Herrera, Oscar de la Renta Quietly Settle Designer Legal Dispute.
3. Male Model Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Bruce Weber.
4. How LuLaRoe Went from a $1 Billion Business to a Magnet for Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuits.
5. Forever 21 Sues Trademark “Bully” adidas, Says “Enough is Enough.”
6. Forever 21 Slaps Gucci with Strongly-Worded Trademark Lawsuit.
7. Puma Files Patent, Copyright, Trade Dress Suit Against Forever 21 Over Rihanna Shoes.
8. New Ruling in Beyoncé Photo Case Poses Potential Risks for Websites.
9. Amazon is Tricking Consumers with its “Ships from and sold by Amazon” Label, Per New Suit.
10. Kering, Alibaba Settle Counterfeiting Lawsuit … Again. But Will it Stick?
Featured image: Instagram/@louisvuitton