StyleDemocracy: Uniting People With the Brands They Love.
StyleDemocracy is North America’s leading warehouse sale, sample sale, and pop-up event management and marketing company. We offer the world’s leading fashion and lifestyle brands premium services in both excess inventory solutions and event/ retail marketing.
Since its inception in 1999, StyleDemocracy has executed over 400 events, working directly with many of the most recognized brands and retailers in the world. Our services provide brands with leading excess inventory solutions and exposure to huge audiences. Our clients include Nike, Adidas, Nordstrom, Puma, Ted Baker, Hugo Boss, SSENSE, Dolce & Gabbana, OVO, Valentino, and dozens of others. Based in Toronto, StyleDemocracy expanded its business into the United States in 2019. In May of 2020, as a result of COVID-19, we pivoted our event business to offer online warehouse sales with instant success.
In 2014, StyleDemocracy expanded its service offering by leveraging its database of customers and establishing a marketing/advertising platform for brands/retailers. Today, our team delivers engaging sponsored content to hundreds of thousands of people per month via StyleDemocracy.com.
About the Social Media Specialist Position:
StyleDemocracy is looking for a Social Media Specialist to maintain and grow our social media presence and establish our brand on new platforms!
The selected candidate should be tech savvy with a strong understanding of Facebook and Instagram trends and algorithms, plus some or all of Tik Tok, Pinterest, and Twitter. You will create original content for posting, including live Stories, Tik Toks, and original video for special projects. An individual who is creative, outgoing, willing to be on camera, and self-driven with the ability to take direction, will excel in the role. Current duties are full-time, salaried.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Schedule weekly editorial posts to Facebook & tracking performance
- Support editorial & sponsored content throughout the week
- Schedule engaging Instagram posts each week
- Post engaging Reels & TikToks to our social platforms related to our editorial content/sales events
- Promote our sales events through Instagram posts/stories/Facebook (days leading up to event/during)
- Keep track Instagram/Facebook/TikTok numbers
- Engage with our Reddit account
- Posting editorial content to Twitter & Pinterest
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years working in the social media field
- Has previously run a brand’s social accounts
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently (and from home) and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to efficiently utilize all social platforms
- Comfortable on camera
- Writing skills is a bonus
Why Choose StyleDemocracy?
On top of a flexible vacation policy, health benefits, a wellness allowance, and a hefty staff discount at our famous warehouse sales, you’ll get the opportunity to work with a small, passionate team on changing the retail industry and have full autonomy over the projects you own. This position will be remote to start (due to COVID-19).
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Social Media Specialist Position”.