Canada’s First Goose Island Brewhouse is Opening in Toronto
World renowned Chicago-based beer company Goose Island is making its way North of the border for a very special project. Joining forces with Bier Markt, Goose Island will be unveiling Canada’s First Goose Island Brewhouse. The new Brewhouse will be located in downtown Toronto at 58 The Esplanade and is expected to open on July 17, 2017.
The Goose Island Toronto Brewhouse is slated to be the new go-to destination for fans of Toronto’s thriving craft beer scene as well as a spectacular home for the first ever Canadian Goose Island Brewhouse. The house will join the Bier Markt Esplanade and offer patrons a crazy selection of world-class beers, fabulous food and live music. To make the offer even a little better, the Brewhouse will also feature a retail space that will sell growlers customers can fill with beer brewed on site.
The Brewhouse’s seasonal menu will be designed to pair with Goose Island’s local and established brews. It will represent a collaborative effort between Head Brewer Bernard Priest, Assistant Brewer Marc Mammoliti and Bier Markt Esplanade Chefs Kevin Maniaci and Shawn Jackson. The Goose Island Toronto Brewers will be working very closely with the Chicago Brewmasters to ensure the same quality beers fans know and love follow the same standards in the Toronto market.
“We’re thrilled to bring Toronto beer lovers the Goose Island favourites that they already know and love, along with outstanding new locally made brews,” said Bernard Priest, Head Brewer, Goose Island Toronto Brewhouse. “Since coming to Canada in 2013, Goose Island has been warmly welcomed by Canadians. We’re very enthusiastic about the experience we will deliver in partnership with the Bier Markt Esplanade, re-establishing its roots and being a part of the community.”
This collaboration will allow guests to savour Goose Island’s brews within an unparalleled restaurant experience, including:
- Beer Choice: The Toronto Brewhouse will serve Goose Island’s Classic brews alongside new and innovative styles developed by the local brewers. The bar will feature 12 draught taps, many of which will constantly rotate. In addition, rare variants from Chicago will be featured for special occasions.
- Seasonal Menus: Developed in collaboration with Executive Chef Kevin Maniaci and Chef de Cuisine Shawn Jackson, the Brewhouse will offer seasonal menus featuring fresh and local ingredients, designed to pair with locally made brews and Goose Island’s established line of quality beers.
- State-of-the-art Brewing System: The top-of-the-line BrauKon brewing system was designed and built by Goose Island’s Brewing team, to ensure the same brewing standards as the Fulton Street Brewery in Chicago. The system includes seven stainless steel fermentation tanks, allowing the team to brew up to seven variants at a time.
- Outdoor Dining: The Brewhouse will feature a front patio space overlooking The Esplanade and an 60-person Biergarten on the north side of the building, perfect for enjoying Toronto summers.
- Retail Store: Growlers of Toronto-inspired Goose Island brews, apparel and goods will be available for purchase at the onsite retail store.