Cineplex announced yesterday that it will open a new location of their popular entertainment venture – The Rec Room in Mississauga’s go-to shopping destination Square One Mall. This will be Cineplex’s 2nd GTA-based location as construction for the Round House Park location has already begun.
The Rec Room is Canada’s premier “Eats & Entertainment” destination that combines a great dining experience with live music, amusement gaming and other live entertainment all under one roof. The Rec Room should be considered a premier social destination and the ultimate gathering spot for corporate events, parties and group events. The Square One The Rec Room will feature multiple dining environments, a wide range of entertainment options including state-of-the-art gaming and simulations as well as an auditorium style space for live acts. In full the Square One The Rec Room will feature:
- Three10 – an upscale casual restaurant that is playfully named after Canada’s three territories and 10 provinces. Its menu features the best in wood-fired pizza and Canadian-inspired cuisine through familiar items that have been elevated and transformed through fresh ingredients and innovative cooking techniques
- The Shed – The Rec Room’s quick service destination that includes a poutinerie with elevated toppings like porchetta, smoked brisket, lobster and wild mushrooms. It also has a custom donut bar, called The Pumps
- A bar area where sports fans can grab a drink and catch the game on huge HD screens. In addition to spirits and cocktails, there will also be multiple bars throughout the space serving draught wines and over 20 draught beers, including several local craft beers
- The Yard – a massive attractions area where guests can play over 100 amusement games. Credits earned are tracked on RFID wristbands and can be redeemed at The Trophy Case redemption store for a wide variety of prizes – everything from retro candy to drones, and whisky stones to portable speakers. Bragging rights go to the top earners who will be profiled on The Rec Room’s legendary leaderboard
- Feature attractions including virtual reality and race car simulators, as well as classic favourites like bowling lanes, air hockey, pool and ping pong
- With multiple performance spaces offering both live and programmed entertainment, there’s always something going on at The Rec Room. Catch an amazing act in our state-of-the-art auditorium or be part of the action at our themed events
- Multiple private dining rooms will make The Rec Room the ultimate gathering spot for celebrations, corporate events and parties
The Rec Room at Square One will be located at 100 City Centre Drive at the North End of the Square One Complex (formerly Target) and will occupy 44,000 square feet spread over two floors.
“With over 25 million visitors passing through their doors each year, Square One is the perfect spot for our second location of The Rec Room in the GTA,” said Pat Marshall, Vice President Communications and Investor Relations at Cineplex. “This past September we opened our first location in Edmonton and it has been a tremendous success and has exceeded our expectations. Our guests love the idea of a one-stop dining and entertainment destination. I can assure you that Mississauga is in for a treat!”