The Cheapest Week of the Summer to Buy Flights is Coming up
Everyone knows that Labour Day marks the unofficial last day of summer and it’s quickly approaching. With the end of the season just around the corner and fall responsibilities creeping up, there’s no better time to squeeze in a last minute adventure.
While long weekends are often synonymous with large crowds and high ticket prices, the week leading up to Labour Day weekend (August 28 to be exact,) is actually the cheapest week of the summer to travel.
According to research done by KAYAK, the world’s leading travel search engine, the week is 17% cheaper than any other week this summer, likely because people are saving up energy for the four-day holiday ahead.
But like most good things, low prices won’t last forever, so it’s best to act fast. Below you’ll find the top 10 cheapest destinations for Canadians to travel to the week of August 28.
- Washington, DC (WAS)- Median airfare is $173
- Victoria, BC (YYJ)- Median airfare is $188
- New York City (NYC)- Median airfare is $191
- Chicago (CHI)- Median airfare is $191
- Boston (BOS)- Median airfare is $197
- Montreal, QC (YMQ & YUL)- Median airfare is $199
- Philadelphia (PHL)- Median airfare is $201
- Dallas (DFW)- Median airfare is $201
- Toronto (YTO)- Median airfare is $209
- Calgary (YYC)- Median airfare is $213
Where will you be spending the final days of summer?
Posts you might be Interested in:
10 Underrated Canadian Destinations to Add to your Bucket List
The 10 Best Beaches within a Day’s Drive of Toronto
How I Grew my Savings to $100,000 by my 30th Birthday
The Rise of Wanderlust: The Best Places to Travel in Europe Right Now
Bucket List Trips: 9 Reasons Why your Next Vacation Should be in Jamaica