We’re Hiring! Apply To Be A Freelance Writer For StyleDemocracy
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
StyleDemocracy is a Digital Media and Marketing company specializing in email marketing, social media marketing, and content creation for brands and retailers in the fashion/lifestyle industry. The company is a rapidly growing company with tremendous opportunity for growth. Since its inception in 2000, StyleDemocracy has been managing the biggest, most attended warehouse sale events for some of the world’s most recognized brands.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a freelance writer, you will be part of a team that drives the StyleDemocracy digital brand, working with the Editor to create exciting content about shopping, retail, fashion, and lifestyle topics. Successful candidates will write features, interviews, and listicles with a focus on Toronto.
This position is remote and writers are paid per assignment.
- Research, pitch, and write articles on a month-by-month basis
- Write 4-10 articles per month (600-1000 words)
- Work with StyleDemocracy’s editor to make revisions and craft your tone
- Provide factually correct information with proper citations
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience writing for a digital publication and/or a degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- An eye for trending, unique stories related to fashion, shopping, and retail
- Impeccable attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and communication
We are asking all potential candidates to complete a short writing assignment. Not only will this give you a better understanding of the type of content we’re looking for, but it’ll also give us an idea of your writing style.
Below, you’ll find three article topics. Choose one and complete a 300 word article. Once complete, email your article, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “Freelance Contributor.”
*Please note that anything you create for us will not be used on the website and is strictly for assessment purposes.
- # Best Places To Shop For Designer Footwear Online
- The Future Of Retail Is Secondhand Shopping — Here’s Why
- # Drugstore Dupes For Popular High-End Beauty Products
The best resource to inspire you is StyleDemocracy.com. However, we do encourage you to incorporate your own voice.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Featured image: Instagram/@dressmydesk