Ever since stores with street entrances got the green light to open, retailer after retailer has been announcing new safety protocols and what they’re doing to ensure shoppers and staff members stay safe. The latest retailer to announce its store reopening is department store Nordstrom.
Canada’s first Nordstrom location to reopen is its Vancouver flagship store at CF Pacific Centre which reopened on May 22.
The retailer’s website reads, “Your health and the health of our employees are our top priorities. More than anything, we want you to feel safe and comfortable when you’re shopping with us. We’re making updates to our stores and the way we serve you to create a store environment that’s safe for everyone. We appreciate your understanding as we work to do so—we’re better together and can’t wait to welcome you back.”
Nordstrom is taking the following steps to protect staff and shoppers:
- conducting health screenings for our employees
- providing face coverings for employees and customers
- taking steps to allow for social distancing of two metres or more, including limiting the number of employees and customers in the store
- increasing cleaning and sanitization
- modifying the fitting-room experience
- continuing to offer contactless curbside services at selected Nordstrom stores
- pausing or adapting high-touch services and customer events
- keeping tried-on or returned merchandise off the sales floor for a period of time
- altering hours of operation
Even though Nordstrom stores are reopening, the retailer is still offering contactless curbside pickup as well as online shopping.
Articles You May Also Be Interested In:
Saks Fifth Avenue Just Reopened Its Toronto Flagship Store
IKEA Canada Is Reopening Stores With New Safety Measures
A Canadian Fitness Studio Has Shared Its Reopening Plan
A Major Toronto Outlet Mall Has Just Reopened Its Doors
Aritzia Has Started Reopening Some Canadian Stores