As much as we love shopping, nothing is better than shopping and knowing you’re scoring a fabulous deal. If you’re all about major savings, then outlet malls are the place to be. However, in recent months, we’ve been unable to take part in our favourite pastime due to COVID-19 but now that retail businesses with street entrances are allowed to reopen, we can finally snag some socially distanced deals.
Toronto Premium Outlets, located in Halton Hills, has reopened its doors to the public as of May 22 after being closed since March 19.
“The health, safety, and well-being of the community we serve will always be our highest priority, and we have developed a thorough and detailed set of protocols highlighting the exceptional measures we’ve implemented for shoppers, retailers and employees as we reopen,” said Helena Moniz, general manager of Toronto Premium Outlets, in a release.
In accordance with local health officials, the outlet mall has outlined major Safety And Health Precautions that shoppers will have to comply with.
- Enhanced sanitization and disinfecting using approved products with an emphasis on high-traffic locations
- Shopper safeguards that include making available protective masks, sanitizing wipes and temperature testing at entrances or property offices, as well as the encouragement of pre-visit health screenings to ensure shoppers stay home if they have exhibited COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms within 72 hours
- Hand sanitizing stations will be deployed throughout the property.
- Signage promoting guidelines for maintaining personal hygiene will be prominently displayed throughout the property.
- Pre-emptive employee health screening to ensure that employees do not arrive at work within 72 hours of exhibiting COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.
- Employee safety protections including implementing COVID-19 frequent hand-washing protocols, and offering personal protective equipment in addition to other recommended practices.
- Promotion and enforcement of social distancing practices, including occupancy limitations, furniture and restroom spacing, closure of play areas and strollers, as well as coordinated traffic flow with traffic signage and distance markers.
Articles You May Also Be Interested In:
Saks Fifth Avenue Just Reopened Its Toronto Flagship Store
A Canadian Fitness Studio Has Shared Its Reopening Plan
IKEA Canada Is Reopening Stores With New Safety Measures
Aritzia Has Started Reopening Some Canadian Stores
McDonald’s Canada Announces Plans To Reopen For Takeout