Even though select retail businesses have just opened their doors and no guidelines have been shared regarding other businesses like hair salons, fitness studios, and gyms, that doesn’t mean folks can’t start preparing. One Canadian fitness studio, SPINCO has just shared its reopening plan so that whenever these businesses get the green light, they’ll be ready.
SPINCO’s Return to Ride plan outlines all of the safety measures it’ll take once the studio is allowed to reopen.
The spin studio has locations across Canada and three locations in Toronto: one in Summerhill, one near Yonge & Eglinton, and one near Richmond & Spadina. In an email sent to riders, the studio shares the steps it’ll put into action when its doors can open.
“While We’re So Excited For The Opportunity To See You In Studio Again, The Health Of Our Team And Our Community Will Continue To Be Our Number One Priority,” Reads An Email Sent By SPINCO.
These safety measures are:
- Before and after each class, the entire studio, shoes, equipment and waiting area will be thoroughly sanitized using Benefect, a hospital-grade cleaning solution proven to kill infectious bacteria, like COVID-19
- Nanotechnology will be placed on many of our handles and surfaces, a self-cleaning technology clinically tested to kill bacteria and viruses
- Hospital-grade wipes and hand sanitizer will be available to riders both within the studio, and at the front desk to wipe your own bikes / personal belongings if you feel more comfortable doing so
- All staff will be required to wear face masks and gloves in studio, and additional mandatory training will be held for all staff and instructors on health & safety procedures
- Shower amenities will not be available for use in the interim
- The water fountain will be available for emergency-use only, with water available for purchase
- Hair-ties and other complementary supplies normally at the front-desk and in washrooms will be kept behind the desk, available on-request only to avoid multi-touch
In addition to the extensive sanitation and rigorous cleaning that will take place, SPINCO has also shared its physical distancing practices that will be implemented.
- Once we open the studio doors, we’ll safely guide you into the studio and onto the bike. We’ve uploaded a “how-to” video on bike set-up on our spincoondemand.ca site, to avoid instructors touching your bike, and we will only be supporting from a safe distance
- We’ll be placing 2 and 3-pound weights on the back of all bikes, to prevent multi-touch of weights. If it’s not your ‘go-to’ weight, not to worry! You can always drop ‘em and go Hands-Free during the weight track, or use both!
- Our instructors will be teaching the entire class from either on the bike, or on the podium. While we love encouraging you from the floor, we want your space to feel safe for the entire ride
- There will be a 0-minute policy for late entries. Once the class has started, no one will be permitted inside the studio
- “Cheers” of water bottles, hugs, and high-fives will not be permitted – we wish we could, but it’s for the safety of all of us
Because SPINCO takes this so seriously, as we all should, all staff and instructors will have their temperatures taken before coming to the studio. Guests will also be pre-screened as well for maximum safety.
Articles You May Also Be Interested In:
A Canadian Salon Shares What The Future Of Hair Appointments Will Look Like
10 Fitness Influencers To Follow For A Killer Workout
Missing Your Spin Classes? One Studio Is Now Renting Its Bikes
Fitness Studio Owners Explain Why Classes Are So Expensive
10 Activewear Sets To Motivate You To Workout From Home