10 Running Trails You Can Easily Get To By TTC
Instead of heading to the gym, why not go for a scenic run? Here are some spots that you might want to check out next time you’re looking for a good spot for a jog – and they’re accessible by the TTC!
- Ontario Science Centre: From downtown Toronto, take the Yonge Street subway to Eglington Station, then take the 34 Eglinton East bus to Don Mills Road. From other start points, use these great directions.
- Evergreen Brick Works: Take the subway to Davisville Station, then transfer to the 28 Bayview South bus. Or catch the free Evergreen Brick Works shuttle bus from just north of Broadview subway station.
Transit access: From Union Station, take the 16 Hamilton Go Bus to Main Street W. at Paisley Avenue S., then run 5km into the park.
3. Rouge Valley
TTC access: Take the Bloor-Danforth line to Kennedy Station, then the 86 bus to the Toronto Zoo and the Rouge Valley Conservation Centre.
- Take the 96 Wilson from Wilson Station or York Mills Station (West) or Humberline Loop (East).
- Take the 191 Highway 27 Rocket from Kipling Station (North) or Steeles/Martin Grove Loop (South).
- Take the 186 Wilson Rocket from York Mills.
- The 4A Pine Valley and 85 Napa Valley busses stop just outside the conservation area.
- From downtown, take the Yonge-University Line to Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station. Then catch the 20 Teston bus to Major Mackenzie Drive and transfer to the 4A Pine Valley bus.
- Yonge-University-Spadina: Take the #54 or #54A Lawrence East bus eastbound from Eglington Station.
- Scarborough RT: Westbound from Lawrence East Station on the Scarborough RT Line to the intersection of Lawrence Avenue East and Leslie Street.
7. High Park
- The Queensway: Take the 501 Street Car to Parkside Drive or Colborne Lodge Drive.
- High Park Station: Take the Bloor-Danforth line to High Park Station, then walk south across Bloor into the park.
- Allen and Eglinton: Take the Yonge-University line to Eglinton West station, then run north on the pathway just east of Allen Rd.
- Clair: Take the Yonge-University line to St. Clair Station, then head east on St. Clair Ave E.
TTC access: Take the 56 Leaside or 88 South Leaside bus and get off near Redway Road, then walk to the trailhead near the Loblaws.
TTC access: Take the Yonge-University line to Queen’s Park Station.
Featured Image: Instagram/@j_bunnyy
What are your favourite running trails in the city? Let us know in the comments!
Posts you Might be Interested in:
Toronto is Converting a Parking Lot at Spadina and Adelaide into a Park
6 Smart Ways To Workout For Free This Summer
9 Canadian Workout Brands That Will Have You Sweating In Style
Check Out These 10 Unusual and Inspiring Places to Stay in Ontario
10 Reasons To Travel To Northern Vancouver Island This Summer
Julia is the Editor and Community Manager at StyleDemocracy. She loves spending her time outdoors as much as possible. Her favourite things include podcasts, dogs, photography, reading, picnics, interior design and travelling. Follow her personal account @juliarmelcher.