If you are a regular reader of this website, you’ve probably done some online shopping. According to a 2016 Canadian e-commerce study, online shopping in Canada will be a $40 billion industry by 2018.
With that in mind, it’s clear that Canadians are taking the plunge online, but what exactly are we buying and searching for when we shop online?
If you’ve ever had the same questions, you might be interested in the fact that Estately.com just did some of the research through Google Trends that measure Canadian internet searches using the google option and discovered some interesting information.
We can tell you one thing, the searches might surprise you, what should not surprise you is that Canadians can be weird, especially with their online shopping interests.
Here are some interesting highlights:
- People in Alberta love dog costumes.
- British Columbia seems to have an aging population and they like Ivanka Trump Jewelry.
- People in Manitoba still rollerskate – who knew?
- People in New Brunswick are big time into ballet?
- Nunavut and the Yukon are the only provinces/territories with “normal” searches for the region.
- People in the Northwest Territories dream of warmer climate with bikini searches
- People in Newfoundland and Labrador search for male condoms – guess the local store is out of them?
- Ontario Searches perfectly sum up Toronto millennials – Weed, Tattoo Sleeves and a Baby on Board stickers round out the top 3 searches. Also Coyote urine… Really?
- People in Nova Scotia are very interested in their familial lineage and Mankini’s.
To see the full list of searches, check out the Estately article here