We’re inundated with new beauty launches infused with superfoods nearly every day. And unfortunately, it’s hard to decipher what’s actually worthwhile. Are the expensive serums really worth the hype? Can I actually apply twelve products to my face without breaking out or going broke? These are all questions we’ve certainly asked ourselves, and we know that the only way to really find out is to do some digging.
If you’re looking for a healthy glow that will stand the test of time, these skincare trends will have you looking and feeling your absolute best. Say goodbye to pretty packaging and beauty-sphere hype, because we’re in it to win it.
Check out five of our favourite skincare trends you need to swear by this season.
1. Body Skincare: While it’s all well and good to have a glowing complexion, the skin under our shirts might be suffering more than we realize. A new total self-care mantra will ensure that every inch of your skin is soft, hydrated and healthy no matter what. To add another stamp of approval, K-beauty brands are placing an emphasis on the importance of a thoughtful approach to head-to-toe skincare.
Product: Skinfood Intensive Shea Butter Cream Lotion, $21
2. Environmentally-friendly Products: Go green! If you’re like us, you tend to feel bad when you bring home your latest Sephora haul and the packaging ends up in the trash. It goes without saying that we feel our most confident when our complexion is clear, but we are doing more harm to Mother Nature than we realize. Let’s make a pact right here and now that we will go out of our way to purchase products and packaging that aren’t harmful to the environment.
Product: Tata Harper Boosted Contouring Serum, $195
3. Skincare Supplements: You are what you eat, so why not digest ingredients that will cure your complexion from the inside out? These concentrated products that can live in our kitchens are the next best thing to eating kale salads every day. Even if you’re skipping gym days, and spending more time in fast food restaurants than you’d care to admit, these bottles of nutrients will get you glowing with regular and continued consumption.
Product: Deciem Foundation The Glow Molecule, $50
4. Gender Neutral: This year, our own national anthem is changing into something more gender neutral, and we’re all about it. It’s time to welcome products that can work for everyone in your household – talk about cost-effective. Male or female, we all have the same skincare concerns, and it’s time to tackle the problem together. 2018 is the year we’re going to embrace products that go beyond gender roles and get down to business.
Product: Panacea Skincare Daily Facial SPF, $38
5. Cannabis Skincare: This beauty trend is showing no sign of slowing, and for good reason. This “it” ingredient can actually remedy common skin issues including psoriasis and flakes. While there is a potential for allergic reactions, as there is for just about any other product – the benefits packed inside these products carry a punch.
Product: Lord Jones Pure CBD Pain & Wellness Formula Body Lotion, $50
Did we miss any other skincare trends you need to try this year? Let us know in the comments!
Featured image: Instagram/ @oliamajd
Posts you might be interested in:
How to Get Free Beauty Samples in Canada
6 Beauty Brands You Haven’t Heard Of But Definitely Need To Try
All-Natural Beauty Products To Look For At The Detox Market
Go Green: 5 New Beauty Buys That Infuse Healthy Ingredients
10 Beauty Gifts That Will Make You Shine Bright Like Rihanna