6 Smart Ways To Save Money On Food And Groceries Right Now
If saving money is always in the back of your mind, then you’ve come to the right place. Whether you’re saving for your next vacation, designer bag or any other high-priced purchases, cutting your grocery bill can be one of the easiest ways to start. In this article, we’ve rounded up some tips to help you improve your financial situations. You won’t become a millionaire overnight, but you’ll definitely notice a difference overtime!
- Plan all your meals: You won’t believe how much money you can save just by knowing what you’re going to eat that week. Planning your meals in advance will keep you within budget while your shopping & help you eat healthier. Check out our meals under $10, slow cooker meals and freezer meals to help you get started.
- Sign-up to receive your local grocery store’s weekly coupons: (all Metro & Loblaw groceries stores have them) and fliers so that you know what meat & produce is going to be on sale that week and revolve your grocery list around that.
- Bring your lunch, instead of buying it: Lunch is one of those expenses that add up over time unknowingly and depending on how often you eat out, bringing your lunch could easily save you a couple of hundred bucks a month. Include lunches in your weekly meal plan and take leftovers from dinner with you to work.
- Invest in a coffee maker and travel mug: Like lunch, coffee is an expense that adds up over time. Invest in a coffee maker and travel mug – the savings might not be much, but it will be worth it in the long run.
- Have your friends over instead of going out: Alcohol has the highest markup in restaurants, so why not have your friends over for a potluck and drinks instead of spending a fortune at that fancy new restaurant?
- Sign-up for reward programs: Get an Air Miles reward card, a Shopper’s Optimum Card and switch your credit card over to one that allows you to receive rewards! The points take a while to rack up, but that free $10 will feel so good once you get it!
Do you have any other tips or ways to save money on food? Share them with us below!
Featured images: Instagram/ @loblawson
Posts you might be interested in:
Saving Money Tips: How to Stop Impulse Buying During the Holiday Season
35 Money-Saving Websites You Need to Know
10 Things Every Dollarama Shopper Needs to Know
MINISO, Dollarama Competitor From China, is Set to Open in Toronto
6 Money Hacks That’ll Help You Save More