Here’s What To Expect at Toronto Fashion Week 2018
One of the most anticipated fashion events of the year is coming to Toronto next week and we couldn’t be more excited to celebrate fashion, art and culture and support Canada’s homegrown talents.
We talked with the executive director Carolyn Quinn and found out first-hand everything you need to know about Toronto Fashion Week 2018:
1. Toronto Fashion Week 2018 will be held at the new Yorkville location from February 5-7. Known as Toronto’s most prestigious luxury retail neighbourhood and the epicentre of fashion in the city, the new venue will reflect the innovative and refreshing side of the festival.
2. This year TFW is partnering with THE COLLECTIONS™, RE\SET™, CAFA™ and Fashion Talks™. According to Quinn, these partnerships will provide new and engaging experiences on how designers present their collections to attendees, engage with fashion, and highlight an amazing roster of Canadian talent.
“One of our main goals at Toronto Fashion Week is to continuously strive to be innovative and find new ways to elevate Canadian fashion. I believe that our new and exciting partnerships will do just that!” said Quinn.
3. The programming of the festival will include studio presentations, runway shows and fashion talks. This year guests will be able to see a mix of the traditional and the new. The set up at Yorkville Village will feature everything from the classic behind-the-scenes goings-on to an open-concept area, where media, guests and the public can feel a part of the exciting show.
“From runway presentations to a studio format and a direct-to-consumer RE\SET™ 003 Designer showroom, we will be embracing it all. Each day will kick off with a live podcast taping of Fashion Talks™ with host Donna Bishop. She’ll chat with special guests about fashion, designing for the future, the Royals and costumes,” said Quinn.
4. The three-day event will be held in the new “See Now Buy Now” format. Considering the needs and the way of thinking of the millennial generation, the organisers will implement the new shopping format, which allows guests to shop collections immediately after they debut on the runway.
“This ‘See Now Buy Now’ is something new, which inspired many of our direct-to-consumer activations and addition of the RE\SET™ Designer Showroom, an engaging consumer-facing market space. This space will allow guests to meet designers in-person and shop their incredible collections on the spot.”
5. Toronto Fashion Week’s designer line up will include three new designers: Mayer Man, Eleventy, and S.P. Badu, along with Canada’s most prominent designers, such as Narces, UNTTLD, Christopher Bates, HAYLEY ELSAESSER.
6. This year Toronto Fashion Week will also be hosting Fashion Heals event to support SickKids Hospital.
“It’s a vibrant fashion show that aims to raise awareness and funds for SickKids Hospital. There will be many TV and notable personalities walking in the show, and it will definitely be a runway event to remember,” said Quinn.
If you’re interested in supporting the initiative, buy tickets here.
Are you planning to attend Toronto Fashion Week 2018? Let us know in the comments!
Featured image: Instagram/ @tw_fw
Posts you might be interested in:
5 Canadian Men’s Fashion Designers You Should Know In 2018
Top Fashion Trends for 2018 According to Pinterest
10 Books That Are Essential To Your Fashion Education
One of Italy’s Top Apparel Brands C.P. Company Makes Its Way To Canada
7 Canadian Fashion Designers to Watch for in 2018
Alina is a Journalist and Editorial Lead at StyleDemocracy with a passion for photography, fashion and chocolate.
Outside of work you’ll find her at events shooting style and food, planning her next trip to Europe and exploring Toronto with a cup of tea in her hands.
You can follow her on Instagram here.